Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Chris Gastin <ch...@gastin.com> on 2003/09/30 01:46:55 UTC

Dependancies a wonderful thing

I want to fix Bug #14183 (html:img does not support forward attribute), but I want to use the enhancements I made to the TagUtils class (Bug# 23462) to do it.

I could do one of the following:
Option 1 - Make Bug #14183 depend on Bug #23462
Option 2 - Roll Bug #23462 Patch in with the enhancement with Bug #14183, and resolve Bug #23462 as INVALID

Does it matter, which option I pick, and what do you guys prefer as a good practice for this type of mistake in the future. I apologize for any confusion. Please advise.

Thanks,

Chris Gastin

Re: Dependancies a wonderful thing

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
I'm not sure that it matters. We're pragmatic when it comes to Bugzilla,
so whichever is less work for you, should work for the rest of us.
Volunteer time is our most precious resource.

The dependency feature is relatively new, and we haven't come to
"depend" on it ourselves yet :)

-Ted.