Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Vinayak Yadav <vi...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/23 07:54:19 UTC

Accessing Data entered in Screen to Coding

I have designed one employee screen
which contains two fields EmpId, and EMPName
I can enter empid and empname in screen
now i want to know that how to get this empID and EmpName in coding.
I don't want to autogenerate the ID
I will enter the ID in screen and it should be saved in database.
how to acces this ID in coding which is entered in sacreen

waiting for reply

Thanks

Re: Accessing Data entered in Screen to Coding

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
once you follow hans info.
there is a employee form in widgets already, you can modify.
https://demo.hotwaxmedia.com/partymgr/control/createnew
This calls a service, which you can find by going thru the controller.xml
You will have to modify the service to allow an input for PartyID, as
optional.

then other option is to use the xml data, from demo data and import the
information thru the webtools.

Vinayak Yadav sent the following on 10/22/2008 10:54 PM:

Posted by Hans Bakker <ma...@antwebsystems.com>.
Hi Vinayak,

The nice thing about OFBiz is, that it is open source, so there are
thousands of examples in the source of the system itself. Please have a
look how it is done in other functions. The best one to look at is the
'example' webapp in the framework component.

Then another one you could study is in the document at:
http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBIZ/OFBiz+Beginner%27s+Development+Guide
+Using+Practice+Application

There are also many other documents a http://docs.ofbiz.org

If you then have the basic knowledge it is then easier to answer the
question you may have then.

Regards,
Hans

--
Antwebsystems.com: Quality OFBiz services for competitive prices