Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Pete Carapetyan <pe...@datafundamentals.com> on 2006/03/30 17:12:26 UTC

won't accept activation jar

I am a long time Maven 1.0 user making my first transition to a 2.0 project

For whatever reason, my javax.activation jar won't be seen. Everything
googled points to the same thing that apparently others have had happen,
first you get this error

Missing:
----------
1) javax.activation:activation:jar:1.0.2

which brings you this suggestion:

Try downloading the file manually from:
    http://java.sun.com/products/javabeans/glasgow/jaf.html

Then, install it using the command:
    mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=javax.activation
-DartifactId=activation \
        -Dversion=1.0.2 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file

But what the ???
When I attempt this mvn install, I get this access denied error on a w2k
box ?????? Huh ???

[INFO] Error installing artifact 'javax.activation:activation:jar': Error
installing artifact: C:\blah\workspace\my-app (Access is denied)

I have gone over everything meticulously, logged a full half a day on
this, and it does not appear to be repeatable on a buddy's linux box,
using exactly same stuff.

Suggestions ????

Re: won't accept activation jar

Posted by Pete Carapetyan <pe...@datafundamentals.com>.
BINGO !
Huge assist, thank you sir.

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
That's exactly why I wanted the full command...

> $ mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=javax.activation
> -DartifactId=activation  -Dversion=
> 1.0.2 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/

This should be:
-Dfile=/activation-1.0.2.jar