Posted to dev@mahout.apache.org by Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com> on 2010/09/26 15:56:27 UTC

Why is syntheticcontrol in examples?

Dumb but simple question -- why is the synthetic control
implementation in examples and not core?

Re: Why is syntheticcontrol in examples?

Posted by Jeff Eastman <jd...@windwardsolutions.com>.
  Right, it's just a clustering example on publicly-available data from
the URL Ted mentioned. Nothing magic going on here: just uses an
InputDriver to put the data into seqFile notation, regular Canopy
(usually) to find initial clusters and then an appropriate clustering
job to cluster the points. Very little example-specific code in it; just
the input conversion. It uses the cluster dumper to output the data and
I will likely use both the ClusterEvaluator and CDbwEvaluator to
evaluate the clustering goodness for 0.5.

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.