Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Luis Henrique Cassis Fagundes <lh...@ig.com.br> on 2000/08/22 17:52:25 UTC

Re: mod_perl-friendly webmail solutions?

	Hi,
	I used acmemail in two projects and liked it. I didn't test it under
mod_perl, but the code as I remember was developed to run under mod_perl
and appeared to avoid all the common mod_perl traps.
	To create new users, I don't dedicated much time to find a better
solution, but it worked well to put users and passwords in a file and
scheduling a chpasswd or newusers in crontab.
	One thing I liked in acmemail is that it stores sessions in a mysql
database, so it's easy to develop other things using the same session.
	I know another very good webmail that's running here with about
1.500.000 users under mod_perl, but it's not free. You can obtain more
information emailing to comercial@insite.com.br.
	[]s
	Luis