Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Ed Young <ej...@SummitBid.com> on 2006/11/30 22:52:08 UTC

how to remove embedded ampersand in HTTP request

I'm trying to generate a series of http requests using the  HTTP
Request sampler and a Command From File as the parameter to pass to a
base path.

The resulting URL always has an embedded ampersand just before the
parameter I read from the file:

GET http://165.137.91.33/seac/bin/seac-browser.dll?&ValidateTrigger

it should look like this

GET http://165.137.91.33/seac/bin/seac-browser.dll?ValidateTrigger

I set the Path to "seac/bin/seac-browser.dll?

I put the parameter from the file in the "Name:" field of the "Send
Parameters with Request" form and uncheck "include equ".

It's got to be a simple solution, but I've done a lot of searching
this problem out and haven't found it.

Can someone point me the way?

Thanks.

--
Ed

Re: how to remove embedded ampersand in HTTP request

Posted by Ed Young <ej...@SummitBid.com>.
SOLVED: I *simply* had to remove the question mark from the default path.

No sooner had I broken down to post the question then I figured it
out. I hate it when that happens.

Posted by xgan <xg...@medianewsgroup.com>.
Hi Edded,

Do you get solution for removing & from url?

Thanks.

Xgan