Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Daniel Savard <ds...@cids.ca> on 2004/03/18 21:05:42 UTC

jk2.properties documentation

Is there any documentation on the jk2.properties?

After reading the document:
http://cymulacrum.net/writings/tomcat5/c831.html#USING_MOD_JK2

I still get a problem lying with my jk2.properties. However, I was
unable to find any complete documentation on this. Also, the above
document mention 4 connection modes (Unix sockets, JNI channels, APR
sockets and channel sockets). Only Unix sockets is described (or at
least shown). What about other modes?

I am getting the following error while starting tomcat:

INFO: APR not loaded, disabling jni components: java.io.IOException:
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /usr/local/apps/apache2/lib/libjkjni.so:
/usr/local/apps/apache2/lib/libjkjni.so: undefined symbol: apr_md5_final
2004-03-18 15:02:45 org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket init
INFO: JK2: ajp13 listening on /0.0.0.0:8009

The undefined symbol is actually in the apr-util shared library, so I
guess I need to add something in the jk2.properties to indicate where to
search or explicitly load it. The library is in the LD_LIBRARY_PATH and
also configured in the ld.so.conf and ld.so.cache.

Re: jk2.properties documentation

Posted by Daniel Savard <ds...@cids.ca>.
Le ven 19/03/2004 à 01:06, Chong Yu Meng a écrit :
> Daniel Savard wrote:
>
> >Is there any documentation on the jk2.properties?
> >

> There is the Jakarta documentation available on their site. Or you could
> dig through the source code.

I also looked at the Jakarta docs, however, for the mod_jk2 part, they
are not very helpful. There is no complete list of properties with a
short description of each. Seems the approach is: Apply receipt A, if it
fails you are on your own...

BTW, I don't blame anyone for this, this is just a fact of life.

> That's an insensitive question ! I have only one computer at home. This
> is my primary development workstation, and I don't want to mess around
> with it. I can't afford another machine because I am currently
> unemployed. So, unless you're willing to buy me another PC, or offer me
> a job, you're not likely to see any other configurations.

Again, I do not personnally blame anyone for this, it is just a question
if anything else exist or any some other documentation that can be
helpful to overcome the beast.

> Your error does not lie in jk2.properties. Check that you have all the
> necessary packages installed (see
> http://cymulacrum.net/writings/tomcat5/c831.html#JK2_INTEGRATION_SETUP).
> If you are using Fedora Core, the package you need is apr-util-devel and
> apr-devel. If you're using Mandrake, the rpm packages are libapr-util (I
> think) and ... something else. So, locate the name of the package and
> install it. Because you did not mention your platform (Windows? Linux
> distro? Solaris?), I can't be more specific.

Well, the checking is supposed to be done by the configure. So, it
passes the configure step, I assume the prereqs are all satisfied. I do
not use any standard Linux distro. I have something like a RedHat++ (I
mean I started a long time ago with RedHat 5.2, the upgraded until 7.2
and then upgraded manually some pieces beside the RedHat package
system).

Anyway, the problem is the buggy Makefile in the native2/server/apache2
directory. In particular, the JK_LDFLAGS variable which didn't have an
appropriate list of libraries to include. BTW, I found on the mailing
list the list of libraries to include. However, even if db-4.0 was
required, it is perfectly possible to use another version of the
Berkeley DB. Again, since I didn't have the version 4 installed on my
system, the configure step should have stopped processing to let me know
the prereqs were not satisfied.

I insist, don't take it personnally. It is just an observation on the
state of the mod_jk2 packaging. Maybe the README file could include some
kind of warnings or hints to help newbies...

Re: jk2.properties documentation

Posted by Chong Yu Meng <ch...@cymulacrum.net>.

--
"We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the sense and
to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and