Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Thomas Beaujard <th...@yahoo.fr> on 2007/08/30 16:49:17 UTC

Tr : Axis problem returning byteArray

Hello,

I'm using Axis 1.4.
I have a document style web service which returns a byteArray (actually a pdf file).
When I invoke the web service, I get the following error:

org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.BeanPropertyTarget set Could not convert java.lang.Byte to bean field 'CONTENT', type [B

Does anyone have encounter similar problem?

Thanks in advance,

Thom

Re: Tr : Axis problem returning byteArray

Posted by WJ Krpelan <kr...@yahoo.com>.
Hello
you can't simply send binary data as on the transport
level its converted to xml, which is basically plain
text.

One simple possibility would be to use datatype
base64binary
Cheers,