Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by murat migdisoglu <mu...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/25 19:52:05 UTC

connecting hiveserver2 through ssh tunnel - time out

Hello,

Due to some firewall restrictions, I need to connect from tableau to the
hiveserver2 through ssh tunnel..

I tried tunneling from port range 10000 -10004 but tableau still times
out..

my hiveserver2 is running on 10.0.0.100 and I'm on 192. network.

I tried
ssh murat@10.0.0.100 -L 10000:localhost:10000 and configured tableau to
connect to localhost:10000 with no success..

 What am I missing?

Thanks

Re: connecting hiveserver2 through ssh tunnel - time out

Posted by murat migdisoglu <mu...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

I solved the problem by tunneling ports 10000 and 8021.

But besides that, the ugly odbc of the ugly windows uses the ugly
registries to keep the url of the the webhdfs.. Thus regedit and change
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/ODBC/ODBC.INI/[systemdsn]/WEBHDFSHost to
localhost..

That did the trick..

Thx for your support

Cheers