Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by Daniel MendesDaSilva <Da...@arhs-spikeseed.com> on 2017/06/30 14:44:11 UTC

How to request an update of PDFBOX

Hello,
I've recently created a bug issue on PDFBOX.
After retrieving, adapting and recompiling the sources I was able to solve my issue.
Unfortunately I need an official release from Maven repo integrated into Tika

My fix was on the class COSFloat line 80. I match "-." to zero (I'm not sure if I need to do the check or the trycatch but I did not want to find out neither)

else if(aFloat.matches("-\\.")){
              try
              {
                value = BigDecimal.ZERO;
                checkMinMaxValues();
                }
                  catch (NumberFormatException e2)
                  {
                      throw new IOException("Error expected floating point number actual='" + aFloat + "'", e2);
                  }
                }

Would it be possible to arrange a patch for this ?

Daniel Mendes da Silva
Senior Analyst Programmer

Re: How to request an update of PDFBOX

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.
Am 30.06.2017 um 16:44 schrieb Daniel MendesDaSilva:
> I've recently created a bug issue on PDFBOX.

No you didn't. I don't see any in JIRA.

Tilman

Re: How to request an update of PDFBOX

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.
Hi,

Things don't go that fast. I have not even looked at your file yet. We
are all volunteers, we have paid day jobs, maybe families, we may be
ill, go on vacation, are exhausted, whatever.

And please don't crosspost.

Tilman