Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Hannah c <ha...@hotmail.com> on 2004/07/28 19:31:07 UTC

Progress bar for Lucene

Hi,

Is there anything in lucene that would help with the implementation of a
progress bar. Somewhere I could throw an event that says the search is 10%,
20% complete etc.  Or is there already an implementation of a progress bar
available for lucene.

Thanks for your help,
Hannah

Re: Progress bar for Lucene

Posted by jitender ahuja <aj...@aalayance.com>.
Hi  All,
           I would like to ask for suggestions to my issue.
I have implemented by extending the MultiCombination Query class, a
 query term(s) to be searched across ALL /ANY of the fields ( just like
 we do AND/OR among the query term(s)).
But, it takes too much time( in fact never completes) for those query terms
that are there ( at least one among them) in the inverted stored list( based
on the index earlier formed)
 but are not satisfying the Fields' combination criteria.
But, if perform an OR among the same specified fields( from a search box)
then it performs quickly.

Regards,
Jitender
Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.

Re: Progress bar for Lucene

Posted by "Kevin A. Burton" <bu...@newsmonster.org>.
Hannah c wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there anything in lucene that would help with the implementation of
> a progress bar. Somewhere I could throw an event that says the search
> is 10%, 20% complete etc.  Or is there already an implementation of a
> progress bar available for lucene.

I would really like to see something like this for index optimizes
actually.  If an optimized takes 45 minutes its nice to see a progress
indicator.

Of course I've thought about just doign a disk base IO assumption.  ...
you just watch the index being created and estimate its target size...

Kevin

--

Please reply using PGP.

    http://peerfear.org/pubkey.asc