Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Delip Rao <de...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/09 01:06:23 UTC

File I/O from Mapper.configure

Hi,

How do I read regular text files on HDFS from configure() in my
Mapper? I am doing the following and my jobs appear to fail randomly
(i.e., it works sometimes but mostly fails).

                        FileSystem fs = FileSystem.get(conf);
			Path path = new Path("/path/to/file.txt");
			FSDataInputStream fsin = fs.open(path);
			LineRecordReader reader = new LineRecordReader(fsin, 0, 4*1024, conf);
			LongWritable key = new LongWritable();
			Text value = new Text("");
			while(reader.next(key, value)) {
                              String line = value.toString();