Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Tony Dean <To...@sas.com> on 2006/02/17 15:45:25 UTC

[Axis2] ServiceLifecycle

I will ask this again...

I think it is imperative to have service lifecycle figured into the plan.  When a service is first initiated it should be signalled to that extent so that it can perform any one-time initialization (aquiring connections, etc...).  Somehow the messageContext (in the current state) must also be available to the service on each invocation thereafter.  Likewise, when the service is brought down (either by servlet container deactivation of the Axis2 webapp or by an Axis2 administrator stopping/undeploying the service), the service should be notified (destroy method) so that it can cleanup appropriately (undo anything that it did during the one-time initialization).

Is this sort of logic going to be in place before 1.0 comes out?  Maybe its already done and I just do not know about it.  I saw from a previous email thread (Deepak looking for work todo) that WS-RF (including jsr 109) was completed.  Well, part of jsr 109 deals with service endpoint lifecycle so maybe my request has already been completed.  Can anyone please enlighten me?

Thanks...

Tony Dean
SAS Institute Inc.
919.531.6704
tony.dean@sas.com

SAS... The Power to Know
http://www.sas.com

Re: [Axis2] ServiceLifecycle

Posted by Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk>.
Hi Tony;

service life cycle is almost done and user can deploy service in various
service scopes , anyway we have to do some more stuffs to provide ur
requirement .

It will be there in 1.0 definitely.

Tony Dean wrote:

>I will ask this again...
>
>I think it is imperative to have service lifecycle figured into the plan.  When a service is first initiated it should be signalled to that extent so that it can perform any one-time initialization (aquiring connections, etc...).  Somehow the messageContext (in the current state) must also be available to the service on each invocation thereafter.  Likewise, when the service is brought down (either by servlet container deactivation of the Axis2 webapp or by an Axis2 administrator stopping/undeploying the service), the service should be notified (destroy method) so that it can cleanup appropriately (undo anything that it did during the one-time initialization).
>
>Is this sort of logic going to be in place before 1.0 comes out?  Maybe its already done and I just do not know about it.  I saw from a previous email thread (Deepak looking for work todo) that WS-RF (including jsr 109) was completed.  Well, part of jsr 109 deals with service endpoint lifecycle so maybe my request has already been completed.  Can anyone please enlighten me?
>
>Thanks...
>
>Tony Dean
>SAS Institute Inc.
>919.531.6704