Posted to dev@ode.apache.org by Sathwik B P <sa...@gmail.com> on 2016/10/07 09:00:00 UTC

Re: Release plans

Hi,

We are almost through with the integration of New ODE Console into ODE.
Thanks to Tammo, for the inputs.

Initially we were investigating on using NodeJS maven-deploy plugin for the
build and figured that it has limitations in terms of integration with
maven release process. As per Tammo's suggestion to use Maven with
fronend-maven-plugin has worked. It took more time than expected to
investigate these 2 build processes. Now we have the right build process in
place.

ODE Console is built as a webjar (http://www.webjars.org/) and is
integrated into ODE. Tuckey Urlrewrite (http://tuckey.org/urlrewrite/) is
used to route to the new console.

ODE Console will have its own Release Cycles and the latest will be
included into the ODE.

Currently the new console and tomee embedded ode distributions are
undergoing testing.

Will be starting the RELEASE VOTE for ODE-CONSOLE very shortly followed by
RELEASE VOTE for ODE.

regards,
sathwik