Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Girish Chaudhari <gi...@sungard.com> on 2014/03/24 09:46:27 UTC

CLOUDSTACK-5150 :- simulator flow clarification needed

Hello,

This is my first post to community and to start with cloudstack I am
looking into the CLOUDSTACK-5150. The issue here is one can't
provision VM using the personal template created in simulator.

Here is what I have found on initial debugging, Commands related to
create template (CreateTemplateCmd) and deploy VM
(deployVirtualMachine) is not handled in the simulator. So in case of
template creation it follows the normal non-simulator flow and setting
up the size as NULL in template_store_ref. If we use the newly created
template for further VM provisioning it again follows the normal flow
and ends up in NullPointerException due to null size.

I would like to know whether above mention flow is as expected,
deliberately done, so that we need to fix it up in this use case or
it is skip from simulator module and we need mock the above command.

Also Can someone please grant me privileges to assign the jira item to myself.

Thanks.
--
Girish Chaudhari
● Senior Engineer -  Product Development ● SunGard Availability Services, India