Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Numa Schmeder <nu...@nsconsult.net> on 2006/10/02 18:05:12 UTC

Locale encoded in the url

Hello,

I don't know id that could interest someone, but i have made some
changes to tap 3 code base to encode the locale in the URL.  The new
URLs have a new parameter "locale". The good thing with this is that
if you change the  code in the url the page gets refreshed in the new
locale.  It doesn't change the behaviour of tapestry (keeping the
locale also in the cookie).
What are the advantages for this change:
- Same pages (same urls) in different locales can be cached without
any problem
- Web bots and crawlers who don't use cookies can differentiate pages
in different locale and don't see just one locale.
-  If a user don't use cookies, the website still works in multiple
locale.

If someone is interested in the modification i made to tap 3 code
base or if someone is willing to post it on the wiki or if you want
me to post the changes on the wiki (I can't).
Then ask me, it will be a pleasure to handle you request
You will be able to see the feature in the website bellow in one day!

Numa