Posted to general@xml.apache.org by Clay Leeds <cl...@medata.com> on 2004/11/05 05:34:24 UTC

Re: Can we please disable the Wiki on Nagoya?

On Oct 9, 2004, at 1:30 AM, Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> Thanks, Clay and Christian, for taking care of this.
>
> I'm also still waiting for the TLP go. From certain statements I
> expected the resolution to pass last week, but I guess they're busy.
> The
> next regular board meeting is on Wed, 20 Oct 2004. I'm inclined to give
> them a chance until right after the meeting.

We still have problems with the wiki which need to be resolved. I don't
know where the ball sits. I noticed on infrastructure@ that folks are
about ready to just lock it up and delete it after a couple of
months... (I believe 'chmod -R -w' & 'switch it off after a couple of
months' were bandied about...)

<snip/>

Web Maestro Clay
--
Clay Leeds - <cl...@medata.com>

Re: Can we please disable the Wiki on Nagoya?

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> I think it sits with the infrastructure people to give away apsite
> permissions so we can set up the new wiki ourselves. It's all in the TLP
> creation request. Let's hope someone will soon find the time to process
> the request.

Great. However the issue is mainly about closing the
complete old wiki. Each project setting up a new one
is easy, when someone finds time and permissions.

--David

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>.

On 05.11.2004 05:34:24 Clay Leeds wrote:
> On Oct 9, 2004, at 1:30 AM, Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> > Thanks, Clay and Christian, for taking care of this.
> >
> > I'm also still waiting for the TLP go. From certain statements I
> > expected the resolution to pass last week, but I guess they're busy.
> > The
> > next regular board meeting is on Wed, 20 Oct 2004. I'm inclined to give
> > them a chance until right after the meeting.
>
> We still have problems with the wiki which need to be resolved. I don't
> know where the ball sits. I noticed on infrastructure@ that folks are
> about ready to just lock it up and delete it after a couple of
> months... (I believe 'chmod -R -w' & 'switch it off after a couple of
> months' were bandied about...)

Jeremias Maerki

Re: Can we please disable the Wiki on Nagoya?

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Clay Leeds wrote:
> Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> > Thanks, Clay and Christian, for taking care of this.
> >
> > I'm also still waiting for the TLP go. From certain statements I
> > expected the resolution to pass last week, but I guess they're busy.
> > The
> > next regular board meeting is on Wed, 20 Oct 2004. I'm inclined to give
> > them a chance until right after the meeting.
>
> We still have problems with the wiki which need to be resolved. I don't
> know where the ball sits. I noticed on infrastructure@ that folks are
> about ready to just lock it up and delete it after a couple of
> months... (I believe 'chmod -R -w' & 'switch it off after a couple of
> months' were bandied about...)

There is more to it than that. We also said
in the other thread on this topic
"Re: [wiki] Migrate to the new moinmoin wiki farm!"
general@x.a.o Cc infrastructure@a.o
that when all projects had finally decided to move,
we would do another bulk conversion to Moin format,
and then lock the old one. Really it is up to the
PMCs to make this decision. How many projects still
have a wiki there? This decision is hard to coordinate.

I reckon it should just be done whatever happens. And soon.

--
David Crossley