Posted to dev@wink.apache.org by Nicholas L Gallardo <nl...@us.ibm.com> on 2009/10/06 17:29:16 UTC

[discuss] Wink 1.0 status

All,

Of the items listed under the 0.2 release (should be 1.0) in the Wink JIRA,
I don't think but a few should be closed out before releasing 1.0.  I've
included two lists below.  The ones I think should be finished before
cutting the release and a second list for the items that can be deferred.

Please provide your thoughts on whether or not anything else is needed to
close the release.

Here's what I think needs to be finished:

1. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WINK-183

I think this one is done, but will double check.

2. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WINK-166

Looks done, just needs to be closed.

3. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WINK-112

Looks done except WINK-149.  We can either move this to the next release or
bump just WINK-194 and close out WINK-112.

4. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WINK-185

I believe there were already some changes checked in for this.  Bryant, are
you ok with closing this and just opening new JIRAs for specific issues
later?

5. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WINK-192

Don't know that we need to fix this one right now, but stating an
intention/direction and documenting it in the JIRA should suffice.  We can
fix this in a point release to Wink 1.0.

6. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WINK-211

I'll get this one integrated today.

Here are the ones that I think can be deferred to the next release:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WINK-174
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WINK-141
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WINK-67
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WINK-68
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WINK-149
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WINK-79
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WINK-170
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WINK-97 (held up by WINK-68)
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WINK-158
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WINK-128
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WINK-135

 Thanks,

-N

Nicholas Gallardo
WebSphere  - REST & WebServices Development
nlgallar@us.ibm.com
Phone: 512-286-6258
Building: 903 / 5G-016

Re: [discuss] Wink 1.0 status

Posted by Bryant Luk <br...@gmail.com>.
I think the related issue is WINK-192.  I'll go ahead and apply the
patch that fixes part of the problem.  The other problem I believe was
with the wink-json-provider which I think the easiest fix for now is
to wrap the UriInfo call in a try catch.  As far as supporting
injection in the client side providers for other @Context types, I
think the story will be that we don't support it in the next release
because it may not work out logically in the provider.

Re: [discuss] Wink 1.0 status

Posted by Michael Elman <ta...@gmail.com>.
WINK-183 is almost done.

Re: [discuss] Wink 1.0 status

Posted by Nicholas L Gallardo <nl...@us.ibm.com>.
Ok, here's the problem.  The release script is tagging from the trunk and
not the branch that has the properly configured poms.

Log:
[maven-scm] copy for tag wink-1.0-incubating

Added:
    incubator/wink/tags/wink-1.0-incubating/
      - copied from r823905, incubator/wink/trunk/

-Nick

Nicholas Gallardo
WebSphere  - REST & WebServices Development
nlgallar@us.ibm.com
Phone: 512-286-6258
Building: 903 / 5G-016

             Nicholas Gallardo
             <nickgallardo@yah
             oo.com>                                                    To
                                       wink-dev@incubator.apache.org
             10/10/2009 11:52                                           cc
             AM
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [discuss] Wink 1.0 status
             Please respond to
             wink-dev@incubato
               r.apache.org

The poms in the branch are configured properly.  I'll recreate the tag from
there and hopefully all will be well.

-N

Posted by Nicholas Gallardo <ni...@yahoo.com>.

Re: [discuss] Wink 1.0 status

Posted by Nicholas Gallardo <ni...@yahoo.com>.

Re: [discuss] Wink 1.0 status

Posted by Bryant Luk <bl...@apache.org>.
Hi Nick,

Re: [discuss] Wink 1.0 status

Posted by Nicholas L Gallardo <nl...@us.ibm.com>.
Quick update...

I've run through everything and it looks like the script is building the
release properly.  The only problem is that I can't see the release in the
staging area of Nexus.  The upload is definitely working as other stuff is
being uploaded.

-N

Nicholas Gallardo
WebSphere  - REST & WebServices Development
nlgallar@us.ibm.com
Phone: 512-286-6258
Building: 903 / 5G-016

             Bryant Luk
             <bryant.luk@gmail
                                       wink-dev@incubator.apache.org
             10/09/2009 02:56                                           cc
             PM
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [discuss] Wink 1.0 status
             Please respond to
             wink-dev@incubato
               r.apache.org

Re: [discuss] Wink 1.0 status

Posted by Nicholas L Gallardo <nl...@us.ibm.com>.
Bryant,

> If those changes are okay with you Nick, they
> should be merged into the branch.

Yep, those changes are fine with me.  I'll take a look at the diff and
merge it over.

I think we should  be good to go to stage the release now.

Re: [discuss] Wink 1.0 status

Posted by Bryant Luk <br...@gmail.com>.

Re: [discuss] Wink 1.0 status

Posted by Shiva Kumar H R <sh...@gmail.com>.

Re: [discuss] Wink 1.0 status

Posted by Nicholas L Gallardo <nl...@us.ibm.com>.
> but there's no definition of "done" for the right amount

Yep, my concern exactly...  I'll close this one out and we can reopen as
necessary when we encounter new issues.

-N

Nicholas Gallardo
WebSphere  - REST & WebServices Development
nlgallar@us.ibm.com
Phone: 512-286-6258
Building: 903 / 5G-016

             Bryant Luk
             <bryant.luk@gmail
                                       wink-dev@incubator.apache.org
             10/06/2009 11:21                                           cc
             AM
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [discuss] Wink 1.0 status
             Please respond to
             wink-dev@incubato
               r.apache.org

Also, as far as WINK-185 (adding trace), I think fixing it as we go is
probably the best so I don't see it as a blocking issue.  There's more
debug trace on the wink-server side right now than there was
previously but there's no definition of "done" for the right amount of
traces (other than never enough for the current issue ;) ).

Re: [discuss] Wink 1.0 status

Posted by Bryant Luk <br...@gmail.com>.