Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by John Andersen <js...@pen.homeip.net> on 2007/03/26 04:13:05 UTC

White list suggestion for US users

This time of year its important to make sure your users get their
tax e-filing confirmation emails.
Perhaps something like this would be appropriate for Turbo-Tax users

spamassassin --add-addr-to-whitelist=ElectronicFilingService@intuit.com

Same is true for other Tax Software packages.  I'm sure other
countries have similar packages and addresses to whitelist.

--
_____________________________________
John Andersen

Re: White list suggestion for US users

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@verizon.net>.
Daryl C. W. O'Shea wrote:
> John Andersen wrote:
>> This time of year its important to make sure your users get their
>> tax e-filing confirmation emails.  Perhaps something like this would
>> be appropriate for Turbo-Tax users
>>
>> spamassassin --add-addr-to-whitelist=ElectronicFilingService@intuit.com
>
> Massive whitelisting via AWL doesn't seem like a great idea to me,
> especially considering intuit.com publishes an SPF record that you
> could use for SPF based whitelisting if you find that whitelisting is
> necessary.
>
> Daryl

Agreed.. this method is really intended to be a quick-fix for a
misbalanced AWL.

You definitely should not try to use --add-addr-to-whitelist to replace
normal whitelist_from_rcvd or whitelist_from_spf commands. Since the AWL
is a score averager, the effects diminish over time.

Re: White list suggestion for US users

Posted by "Daryl C. W. O'Shea" <sp...@dostech.ca>.