Posted to user@commons.apache.org by lgpublic <lg...@live.com> on 2012/11/05 05:49:05 UTC

[dbcp] question about package name

Hi all,

 I just start using dbcp in my code. However, the jar I downloaded
"common-dbcp-1.4-bin.jar" has no such package named org.apache.commons.dbcp2
(as used in this example
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/commons/proper/dbcp/trunk/doc/PoolingDriverExam
ple.java?revision=1143885
<http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/commons/proper/dbcp/trunk/doc/PoolingDriverExa
mple.java?revision=1143885&view=markup> &view=markup), but only
org.apache.commons.dbcp. Similiar for common-pool where
org.apache.commons.pool2 is absent. How
can I get a jar which come with the dbcp2/pool2 packages?

Thanks.
-Gang

RE: [dbcp] question about package name

Posted by lgpublic <lg...@live.com>.
Thanks for reply. Anyone knows the time for dbcp2 release? And is dbcp(1) to
be dropped and only dbcp2 get supported and updated? I see some big change
in the api and it will be a pain to use dbcp right now and switch to dbcp2 a
short time later.

Thanks.
-Gang

>  I just start using dbcp in my code. However, the jar I downloaded
> "common-dbcp-1.4-bin.jar" has no such package named
> org.apache.commons.dbcp2 (as used in this example
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/commons/proper/dbcp/trunk/doc/PoolingDriv
> erExam
> ple.java?revision=1143885
> <http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/commons/proper/dbcp/trunk/doc/PoolingDri
> verExa mple.java?revision=1143885&view=markup> &view=markup), but only
> org.apache.commons.dbcp. Similiar for common-pool where
> org.apache.commons.pool2 is absent. How can I get a jar which come
> with the dbcp2/pool2 packages?

Pool2 (version 2.x) has not been released yet.

The website [1] has links to the the current releases and Javadoc.

[1] http://commons.apache.org/pool/

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.