Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Pedro Lopes <pa...@bes.pt> on 2003/04/08 19:44:40 UTC

Xerces 2.2 on Borland C++ 6 - access violations (not mt related)

Hi,

I'm experiencing some major problems using Xerces 2.2 with BCB6:
any program that uses Xerces ends with access violation - even the
Xerces samples themselves crash.

This is not the well known multithreaded runtime problems with
transcode and delete[], I've made sure my project is using the same
runtime as Xerces (having had that problem before I was prepared
for it.)

Also, I've verified the problem does not happen at all with Xerces 2.1.

Is anyone using Xerces 2.2 on Borland able to confirm these problems?
Any clues as to what might going wrong?

Thanks for your time,
Pedro Lopes

Re: Xerces 2.2 on Borland C++ 6 - access violations (not mt related)

Posted by Pedro Lopes <pa...@bes.pt>.
Vitaly Prapirny wrote:
> Hi !
>
> Can you provide some piece of code where you've got the error ?
> And your debugger can help you find the exact source line of error.
> Can you provide this info ?

Like I said, it does not depend on any particular code. All the Xerces
samples crash, for example.

In fact they crash even in cases where no Xerces calls should be made,
like when you supply wrong arguments and the sample should just print
out the usage and exit.

This makes me suspect the Borland build settings are the source of
the problem rather than the Xerces code itself, by I can't figure out
how or why.

Posted by Vitaly Prapirny <ma...@mebius.net>.
Hi !

FIXED: Xerces 2.2 on Borland C++ 6 - access violations (not mt related)

Posted by Pedro Lopes <pa...@bes.pt>.
Hi,

I think I found the source of the problem. By diffing the project
files of the samples from Xerces 2.1 and 2.2 I noticed that 2.1
links against cw32mt.lib whereas 2.2 links against cw32mti.lib

By changing the 2.2 samples back to cw32mt.lib the problem went
away. My own project was using cw32mti.lib as well, and was fixed
in the same manner.

There are some other problems with the Borland project files.
I'll try to submit patches to Bugzilla to fix all this.

Thanks again,
Pedro Lopes