Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by "Chawla,Sumit " <su...@gmail.com> on 2017/07/19 23:24:45 UTC

Mesos Python Daemon Launch

I am using Mesos 0.27.  I am launching a Python Daemon from spark task.
Idea is that this Daemon should keep running even when the mesos framework
shuts dowm. However, I am facing issues in keeping this Python Daeamon
process alive. The process is getting killed as soon as Mesos framework is
dying.

Regards
Sumit Chawla

Re: Mesos Python Daemon Launch

Posted by Benjamin Mahler <bm...@apache.org>.
This is generally not something we want users to do (i.e. leak something
outside of their container).

Mesos will kill all tasks in the cgroup if you're using cgroup isolation,
so you would have to ensure the daemon escapes the cgroup. If you're using
the posix isolation, you also need to be sure the process is not
"reachable" via the process tree rooted at the executor (i.e. you'll need
to double fork).

Posted by Benjamin Mahler <bm...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Chawla,Sumit " <su...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Chawla,Sumit " <su...@gmail.com>.