Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Marco Mistroni <mm...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/07 16:06:30 UTC

Maven2 tests

Hi all,
  i m trying ot use Maven2 in my project,.....

structure of my dir is

<mydir>
       |__src
           |____main
                  |___ java
                  |___ resources

      |___ test
           |__ java

i m trying to run some junit tests.
according to docs ihave read (about maven directory structure), i should
place
tests in the test\java directory.. but when i do that, maven-surefire-plugin
does not find them

it finds them only if i put int he src\main\test directory

what is the correct approach?

this is my current pom.xml

<project>
   <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
   <groupId>root</groupId>
   <artifactId>ejbs</artifactId>
   <packaging>ejb</packaging>
   <version>1.0</version>
   <name>enterprise java beans</name>
   <parent>
      <groupId>root</groupId>
      <artifactId>project</artifactId>
      <version>1.0</version>
   </parent>
   <pluginRepositories>
      <pluginRepository>
         <id>apache.snapshots</id>
         <url>http://cvs.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository</url>
      </pluginRepository>
   </pluginRepositories>
   <repositories>
      <repository>
        <id>apache.snapshots</id>
        <url>http://cvs.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository</url>
      </repository>
   </repositories>
   <dependencies>
      <dependency>
         <groupId>root</groupId>
         <artifactId>shared</artifactId>
      </dependency>
      <dependency>
         <groupId>geronimo-spec</groupId>
         <artifactId>geronimo-spec-j2ee</artifactId>
       </dependency>
       <dependency>
         <groupId>jboss</groupId>
         <artifactId>jboss-ejb3x</artifactId>
         <version>4.0.3</version>
         <scope>system</scope>
         <systemPath>${basedir}\lib\jboss-ejb3x-4.0.3.jar</systemPath>
      </dependency>
      <dependency>
         <groupId>jboss</groupId>
         <artifactId>ejb3-persistence</artifactId>
         <version>4.0.3</version>
         <scope>system</scope>
         <systemPath>${basedir}\lib\ejb3-persistence-4.0.3.jar</systemPath>
      </dependency>

      <dependency>
         <groupId>org.testng</groupId>
         <artifactId>testng</artifactId>
         <version>4.6.1</version>
         <scope>test</scope>
         <classifier>jdk15</classifier>
      </dependency>

   </dependencies>
   <build>
      <plugins>
         <plugin>
            <artifactId>maven-ejb-plugin</artifactId>
            <configuration>
               <archive>
                  <manifest>
                     <addClasspath>true</addClasspath>
                  </manifest>
               </archive>
            </configuration>
         </plugin>
         <plugin>
            <artifactId>maven-ejb-plugin</artifactId>
            <configuration>
               <archive>
                  <manifest>
                     <addClasspath>true</addClasspath>
                  </manifest>
               </archive>
            </configuration>
         </plugin>
         <plugin>
       <executions>
          <execution>
            <id>run server side JUnits from tests_Serverside</id>
            <phase>integration-test</phase>
            <configuration>
              <reportFormat>xml</reportFormat>
              <includes>
                 <include>**/*.java </include>
           </includes>
           <testFailureIgnore>false</testFailureIgnore>
           <testClassesDirectory>target/test-classes</testClassesDirectory>
           <classesDirectory>/target/classes</classesDirectory>
         </configuration>
         <goals>
            <goal>test</goal>
          </goals>
           </execution>
        </executions>
      </plugin>

     <!-- <plugin>
          <groupId>org.testng</groupId>
          <artifactId>maven-testng-plugin</artifactId>
          <configuration/>
     </plugin>-->
      </plugins>
   </build>
</project>

anyone could help?

thanks in advance and regards
 marco

Re: Maven2 tests

Posted by Marco Mistroni <mm...@gmail.com>.
Hello,
  ... i saw it on a post in some mailing lists on google, while
doing a search on surefire plugins

thanks for advices

regards
 marco

Re: Maven2 tests

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
Docs are wrong.

Re: Maven2 tests

Posted by Piéroni Raphaël <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi Marco,

You have too approach the formal one and the customised one.

In the formal approach, you will move your tests in the default directory

In the customised approach, you will set the testSourceDirectory element of
build to the path of your tests. see [1]

<project>
  <build>

   <testSourceDirectory>test/java</testSourceDirectory>

  </build>
</project>

Hope this helps.
Raphaël