Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "HTMLServices.it" <in...@htmlservices.it> on 2019/08/08 13:52:55 UTC

Solr index

Hi everyone
I installed Solr on a test server (centos 7) to get the fastest searches
on dovecot, Solr and new for me and I think I didn't understand how it
works perfectly.
I installed following the official guide on the dovecot wiki:
https://wiki2.dovecot.org/Plugins/FTS/Solr
but I can't get it to work properly.

This is my installation that I made public provisionally without a password:
http://5.39.2.59:8987/solr/#/
(I changed port because the default one was busy)

I believe that the index is not created, should it be created
automatically? or did I do something wrong?

if I run one of these two commands as a guide
curl http://5.39.2.59:8987/solr/dovecot/update?optimize=true
curl http://5.39.2.59:8987/solr/dovecot/update?commit=true
I get

<? xml version = "1.0" encoding = "UTF-8"?>
<Response>
<lst name = "responseHeader">
   <int name = "status"> 0 </int>
   <int name = "QTime"> 2 </int>
</ Lst>
</ Response>

this is right? have I forgotten or am I wrong?

Excuse the stupid questions but I'm seeing Solr for the first time
thank you all

Re: Solr index

Posted by Dario Rigolin <da...@comperio.it>.
Do you know that your solr is open to the internet? It's better to filter
the port or at least not put here the full address...

--

Dario Rigolin
Comperio srl - CTO