Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Erez Naim <er...@theneura.com> on 2015/04/20 10:17:03 UTC

playing with thread groups and samplers

Hi all,

I have the following script:

1.Thread Group

               + http sampler

2.Thread Group

               + http sampler

               ++ assertion

               + http sampler

               ++ assertion

                + http sampler

               ++ assertion

I wanna be able to run first sampler from first thread group and then
running first sampler from second thread group then going again to the
second sampler in first thread group then jumping to second thread group to
second sampler, is there a way to do it in Jmeter?

BR,

Erez Naim  |  QA Lead  |
<http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=34323263>
<http://www.theneura.com/vCards/gilad.vcf>
<http://twitter.com/#!/giladmeiri/>

EL AL 2 Street | Herzliya
mobile (+972) 50 9 555 686 | fax (408) 689.1366 | skype erez.neura

 <http://www.theneura.com/> website  |   <http://www.startupbitz.com/> blog
|   <https://twitter.com/intent/user?screen_name=theneura> twitter  |
<http://goo.gl/maps/ZRkg5> map

Re: playing with thread groups and samplers

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
>so it will be logic to "read" since one thread group represent one part
and the other thread group represent second part,
Which is possible - but then most likely what you are describing doesn't
model that accurately . For e..g. if you have some sort of workflow system
where users(threadgroup1) drop in cases which admins (thread group2)act
on(basically any pub-sub usecase) - then what you are asking doesn't
accurately model what happens in the application. If you wish , describe
your use case otherwise I dont think I can provide any further input.

Posted by Erez Naim <er...@theneura.com>.
Well I did what u r suggestiong but I thought maybe there is a another way of doing it so I can order my samplers and thread groups so it will be logic to "read" since one thread group represent one part and the other thread group represent second part, and what I am trying to do is to synchronize between different parts of my thread groups.

Thanks,

Erez

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi