Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Hill Liu <hi...@gmail.com> on 2016/09/05 10:10:32 UTC

PigStorage problem on Tez mode

Hi,

I load a simple text file using PigStorage, only has one line and the
content is like:
1-2-3

Then I would like to store it using different delimiter like ','.
Here is a simple pig script:

data = LOAD 'simple_text.txt' using PigStorage('-') as (v1:int, v2:int,
v3:int);
store data into 'comma_delimiter.txt' using PigStorage('\t');

But I found the output format is pretty weird:
(1,2,3)

It shouldn't has "()" around and the delimiter is always comma, no matter
how I change the delimeter value in PigStorage UDF.
If running in mapreduce mode, the output is normal.

Here is my environment:
Hadoop:2.6.1
pig:0.14
tez:0.8.3