Posted to rivet-dev@tcl.apache.org by Massimo Manghi <ma...@unipr.it> on 2010/10/20 23:18:11 UTC

Rivet 2.0.2 and Debian

Last week a vote was held to publish a maintenance release of Rivet that
should enable Sven Hoexter and me to produce a Debian package with minor
changes with respect the official Apache tarball, allowing better
compatibility for the future and a cleaner way to build a .deb out of it.

Only Ronnie and David expressed a vote with a strong suggestion to call the
release 2.0.2. In the meanwhile Sven and I worked to refine the last
detail of the build process. Sven thinks now that the package, though not
perfect, might pass the vetting of the guild of ftp-masters at Debian (they
begin to have a mystical aura to my eyes), having tamed most of its problems
and trimmed most of its hairs.

So I'm ready to release 2.0.2.

yesterday I also proposed to interpret in a different way the development
branch 2_0. I thought we had still to go a long way before getting to
a state of debian/ mature enough and wanted to have a 2.0.x branch for myself,
clearing the way to anyone wanting to commit to trunk.

Still I maintain the proposal and wait for your opinion anyway.
I think that reintegrating 2_0 into trunk is a good thing that might
remove some clutter from the repository.

ciao

-- Massimo