Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org> on 2007/02/08 03:31:25 UTC

Re: svn commit: r495320 - in /incubator/tuscany/java: distribution/sca/standalone/src/main/assembly/ samples/sca/calculator-ws/ sca/runtime/standalone/assembly/ sca/runtime/standalone/launcher/

On 1/11/07, rineholt@apache.org <ri...@apache.org> wrote:
> Author: rineholt
> Date: Thu Jan 11 10:31:12 2007
> New Revision: 495320

> Log:
> Give standalone launcher access to servlet-api need by axis binding.axis2/mvn.out

We should not be adding dependencies to the assembly to support extensions.
--
Jeremy

Posted by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org>.
On 2/7/07, Rick Rineholt <cr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Also, the plan was just to have it temporary an it was my understanding
> there was  planned work to split Axis binding between Services and
> Reference which would have made that unnecessary. I don't think however
> that was ever checked in.

OK for now then, but we should remove this before cutting a runtime
release. It would be good to fix the Axis2 binding before then so that
it doesn't break. I'll add a related JIRA to reflect this.

--
Jeremy

Posted by Rick Rineholt <cr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org>.
On 2/7/07, Rick Rineholt <cr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Jeremy Boynes wrote:
> > On 1/11/07, rineholt@apache.org <ri...@apache.org> wrote:
> >> Author: rineholt
> >> Date: Thu Jan 11 10:31:12 2007
> >> New Revision: 495320

> >> Log:
> >> Give standalone launcher access to servlet-api need by axis
> >> binding.axis2/mvn.out
> >
> > We should not be adding dependencies to the assembly to support
> > extensions.
> > --
> > Jeremy

> Well maybe you can help out with the original question I posted:
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/ws-tuscany-dev/200701.mbox/%3c45A64456.40404@gmail.com%3e

Nope - no idea why it would not load in the standalone environment if
it is in the UCP for the classloader. Inside Tomcat it won't be loaded
due to restrictions on webapps overloading the Servlet API but that
should not apply standalone.

--
Jeremy

Posted by Rick Rineholt <cr...@gmail.com>.
Jeremy Boynes wrote:
> On 1/11/07, rineholt@apache.org <ri...@apache.org> wrote:
>> Author: rineholt
>> Date: Thu Jan 11 10:31:12 2007
>> New Revision: 495320

>> Log:
>> Give standalone launcher access to servlet-api need by axis
>> binding.axis2/mvn.out
>
> We should not be adding dependencies to the assembly to support
> extensions.
> --
> Jeremy

Well maybe you can help out with the original question I posted:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/ws-tuscany-dev/200701.mbox/%3c45A64456.40404@gmail.com%3e
Thanks