Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Stefan Weinert <su...@yahoo.de> on 2006/03/13 11:01:39 UTC

J2 Topology

When taking a closer look at the psml files of the demoportal I was quite confused about its structure.
  The documentation of the J2 pipeline is not very helpfull either:
  http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/guides/guide-pipeline.html

  The psml docs explain the structure of each filetype but the order they are processed is not.

  I'm missing some kind of overview. The demo-portal is probably too big, but a simple
   'smallest portal' (not too small but just two pages including three or four portlets) would probably help.

  If anyone has assembled such a basic portal I'd be happy to receive the psmls via email.

  Stefan

---------------------------------
Telefonieren Sie ohne weitere Kosten mit Ihren Freunden von PC zu PC!
Jetzt Yahoo! Messenger installieren!

Re: J2 Topology

Posted by Randy Watler <wa...@wispertel.net>.
Stefan,

I am not sure what your question is. By "order they are processed"... do
you mean how a request url selects a PSML page to display? If so, you
should be able to find some more information on this by trolling the
available documentation for the Profiler, Portal Site, and Page Manager
components. Essentially, the request url is mapped into a WEB-INF/pages
relative path by the Profiler and the Portal Site components. The Page
Manager retrieves the PSML page to display. The rest of the request
pipeline operates on the selected PSML and references the Portal Site
component to render/aggregate the portlets, the page, and its menus as
specified by the layout and portlet decorators..

Of course, feel free to send more questions here to the list!

Randy