Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Sh...@cognizant.com on 2012/01/10 10:23:11 UTC

Calling webservices in Hadoop

Hi ,

Is it possible to get data from web services using Hadoop MR jobs?

Regards,

Shreya

Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email or any action taken in reliance on this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

Re: Calling webservices in Hadoop

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
If you are looking to crawl websites, you can take a look at Apache Nutch and how it connects with Apache Hadoop.

I'll let others comment on why we do not recommend this, but I can surely think of a case where a large-slotted cluster having all its tasks hitting a particular site at the same time can be one reason why this has to be done with care.

Posted by Jayunit100 <ja...@gmail.com>.