Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by nalsrini <na...@gmail.com> on 2018/08/31 16:26:07 UTC

Need to connect solr with solrj from AWS lambda

Hi,
I need to connect solr with solrj from AWS java lambda. I use solr 5.3.

I get the client object like this:
SolrClient client = new
HttpSolrClient(System.getenv(SysEnvConstants.SOLR_HOST));

I neither get an error nor a response when I call these(for example) from
the lambda:

SolrDocument sorld = client.getById(id);

OR

UpdateResponse ur = client.deleteByQuery(sb.toString());

thanks
Srini

Re: Need to connect solr with solrj from AWS lambda

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
To unsubscribe:

Please follow the instructions here:
must use the _exact_ same e-mail as you used to subscribe.

If the initial try doesn't work and following the suggestions at the
"problems" link doesn't work for you, let us know. But note you need
to show us the _entire_ return header to allow anyone to diagnose the
problem.

Best,
Erick

Posted by Srinu Lella <le...@gmail.com>.

Posted by nalsrini <na...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mikhail,
I am good now after some changes in the AWS including security group.

thanks

Re: Need to connect solr with solrj from AWS lambda

Posted by nalsrini <na...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mikhail,
My Operations team member said, he already opened the firewall rule.

Posted by Mikhail Khludnev <mk...@apache.org>.
Hello, Srini.
Are you sure that security group let to reach Solr host?

On Sat, Sep 1, 2018 at 1:08 AM nalsrini <na...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I need to connect solr with solrj from AWS java lambda. I use solr 5.3.
>
> I get the client object like this:
> SolrClient client = new
> HttpSolrClient(System.getenv(SysEnvConstants.SOLR_HOST));
>
> I neither get an error nor a response when I call these(for example) from
> the lambda:
>
> SolrDocument sorld = client.getById(id);
>
> OR
>
> UpdateResponse ur = client.deleteByQuery(sb.toString());
>
> thanks
> Srini

Sincerely yours
Mikhail Khludnev