Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2013/01/15 16:34:00 UTC

new official release (and staging) point

We have a new release and staging point for the Apache mirror infrastructure.
Pending one more bit of infra setup, it is now done.

We no longer will use people.apache.org/www/www.apache.org/dist/uima to do
releases.  Instead, we will commit to a new SVN system:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/uima.

We also have a directory in that SVN:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/uima.

When creating candidates for release, instead of posting them to your
people.apache.org account, you can put them here.  The advantage is that when
the release vote happens, then you just need to do an SVN move from the
.../dev/uima  to the /release/uima to effect the release.

-Marshall

Re: new official release (and staging) point

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
Our new svn based release point is done;
see the comments under https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-5746

-Marshall