Posted to users@jena.apache.org by "McGibbney, Lewis John" <Le...@gcu.ac.uk> on 2011/05/03 15:42:17 UTC

Valid SPARQL query no results

Hi list,

Using Fuseki-0.2.0, I'm trying to run queries on some test data. I load in the data with the following command
./fuseki-server --update --file myfile.owl /dataset
Part of my test data is as below

###  http://www.semanticweb.org/ontologies/2010/11/section6energydomestic2010.owl#hasNoMaximumOrMinimumAreaGuidance

section6energydomestic2010:hasNoMaximumOrMinimumAreaGuidance rdf:type owl:FunctionalProperty ,
                                                                      owl:ObjectProperty ;

                                                             rdfs:comment "Due to the target method set by carbon dioxide emissions standard 6.1, there is no need for guidance on minimum or maximum area for windows, doors, rooflights and roof windows in new dwellings."^^xsd:string ;

                                                             rdfs:range section6energydomestic2010:Door ,
                                                                        section6energydomestic2010:Framing ,
                                                                        section6energydomestic2010:Glazing ,
                                                                        section6energydomestic2010:RoofWindow ,
                                                                        section6energydomestic2010:Rooflight ,
                                                                        section6energydomestic2010:Window ;

                                                             rdfs:domain [ rdf:type owl:Class ;
                                                                           owl:intersectionOf ( section6energydomestic2010:BuildingElement
                                                                                                section6energydomestic2010:NewDwelling
                                                                                              )
                                                                         ] .

After confirming that the syntax in the following query is valid, from the control panel I submit the query but I get a 404 error: not found...

PREFIX xsd:     <http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#>
PREFIX rdf:     <http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#>
PREFIX rdfs:    <http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#>
PREFIX owl:     <http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#>
PREFIX fn:      <http://www.w3.org/2005/xpath-functions#>
PREFIX apf:     <http://jena.hpl.hp.com/ARQ/property#>
PREFIX dc:      <http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/>
PREFIX ns:      <http://www.semanticweb.org/ontologies/2010/11/section6energydomestic2010.owl#hasNoMaximumOrMinimumAreaGuidance>

SELECT ?range ?b ?comment
WHERE
   { ?range ns:hasNoMaximumOrMinimumAreaGuidance ?comment
      FILTER regex (?comment, "^^xsd:string") }

Can someone please help me with my query. I wish to retrieve something like the following

range        ?b                                                                    ?comment
Door          hasNoMaximumOrMinimumAreaGuidance  Due to the target method set by carbon dioxide emissions standard 6.1... blah blah blah
Framing    hasNoMaximumOrMinimumAreaGuidance  Due to the target method set by carbon dioxide emissions standard 6.1... blah blah blah
Glazing     hasNoMaximumOrMinimumAreaGuidance  Due to the target method set by carbon dioxide emissions standard 6.1... blah blah blah
etc
etc
etc

Any help would be great. Thanks

Lewis

Winner: Times Higher Education’s Widening Participation Initiative of the Year 2009 and Herald Society’s Education Initiative of the Year 2009.

Winner: Times Higher Education’s Outstanding Support for Early Career Researchers of the Year 2010, GCU as a lead with Universities Scotland partners.
http://www.gcu.ac.uk/newsevents/news/bycategory/theuniversity/1/name,15691,en.html

RE: Valid SPARQL query no results

Posted by Dave Reynolds <da...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, 2011-05-03 at 17:23 +0100, McGibbney, Lewis John wrote:
> This works perfectly Dave thank you
>
> I am still very much finding my feet here so apologies for the mundane thread discussion on my part

No problems, there's a lot of stuff to get to grips with in RDF and
SPARQL which can seem arcane until you get into the mind set.

Dave

RE: Valid SPARQL query no results

Posted by "McGibbney, Lewis John" <Le...@gcu.ac.uk>.

On Tue, 2011-05-03 at 14:42 +0100, McGibbney, Lewis John wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> Using Fuseki-0.2.0, I'm trying to run queries on some test data. I load in the data with the following command
> ./fuseki-server --update --file myfile.owl /dataset
> Part of my test data is as below
>
> ###  http://www.semanticweb.org/ontologies/2010/11/section6energydomestic2010.owl#hasNoMaximumOrMinimumAreaGuidance
>
> section6energydomestic2010:hasNoMaximumOrMinimumAreaGuidance rdf:type owl:FunctionalProperty ,
>                                                                       owl:ObjectProperty ;
>
>                                                              rdfs:comment "Due to the target method set by carbon dioxide emissions standard 6.1, there is no need for guidance on minimum or maximum area for windows, doors, rooflights and roof windows in new dwellings."^^xsd:string ;
>
>                                                              rdfs:range section6energydomestic2010:Door ,
>                                                                         section6energydomestic2010:Framing ,
>                                                                         section6energydomestic2010:Glazing ,
>                                                                         section6energydomestic2010:RoofWindow ,
>                                                                         section6energydomestic2010:Rooflight ,
>                                                                         section6energydomestic2010:Window ;
>
>                                                              rdfs:domain [ rdf:type owl:Class ;
>                                                                            owl:intersectionOf ( section6energydomestic2010:BuildingElement
>                                                                                                 section6energydomestic2010:NewDwelling
>                                                                                               )
>                                                                          ] .
>
> After confirming that the syntax in the following query is valid, from the control panel I submit the query but I get a 404 error: not found...
>

> PREFIX xsd:     <http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#>
> PREFIX rdf:     <http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#>
> PREFIX rdfs:    <http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#>
> PREFIX owl:     <http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#>
> PREFIX fn:      <http://www.w3.org/2005/xpath-functions#>
> PREFIX apf:     <http://jena.hpl.hp.com/ARQ/property#>
> PREFIX dc:      <http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/>
> PREFIX ns:      <http://www.semanticweb.org/ontologies/2010/11/section6energydomestic2010.owl#hasNoMaximumOrMinimumAreaGuidance>
>
> SELECT ?range ?b ?comment
> WHERE
>    { ?range ns:hasNoMaximumOrMinimumAreaGuidance ?comment
>       FILTER regex (?comment, "^^xsd:string") }

In your example ns:hasNoMaximumOrMinimumAreaGuidance is the subject, not
the property and the property is rdfs:comment.

Secondly, the ^^xsd:string in the source data is declaring a datatype,
it is not part of the lexical form of the string and you can't regex on
it that way. But then I don't see why you would need to.

> Can someone please help me with my query. I wish to retrieve something like the following
>
> range        ?b                                                                    ?comment
> Door          hasNoMaximumOrMinimumAreaGuidance  Due to the target method set by carbon dioxide emissions standard 6.1... blah blah blah
> Framing    hasNoMaximumOrMinimumAreaGuidance  Due to the target method set by carbon dioxide emissions standard 6.1... blah blah blah
> Glazing     hasNoMaximumOrMinimumAreaGuidance  Due to the target method set by carbon dioxide emissions standard 6.1... blah blah blah

Maybe something simple like:

SELECT ?range ?b ?comment WHERE
{  ?b rdfs:range ?range; rdfs:comment ?comment. }

?

Dave

Email has been scanned for viruses by Altman Technologies' email management service - www.altman.co.uk/emailsystems

Posted by Dave Reynolds <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "McGibbney, Lewis John" <Le...@gcu.ac.uk>.
Thank you for this Andy
Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@epimorphics.com>.

      {
	?x ns:hasNoMaximumOrMinimumAreaGuidance ?range .
	?x ns:hasNoMaximumOrMinimumAreaGuidance ?comment
	FILTER regex (?comment, "^^xsd:string") }
      }
   }