Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com> on 2008/09/03 03:35:13 UTC

Re: svn commit: r691359 [1/8] - in /tomcat/trunk: ./ java/org/apache/cometd/ java/org/apache/cometd/bayeux/ java/org/apache/tomcat/bayeux/ java/org/apache/tomcat/bayeux/request/ test/org/apache/cometd/ test/org/apache/cometd/bayeux/ test/org/apache/cometd/...

Remy Maucherat wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-09-02 at 23:37 +0100, Mark Thomas wrote:
>
>> Therefore, I vote -1 for this contribution as it does not comply with the
>> published ASF source headers policy. I am happy for this contribution to
>> remain in trunk providing that the necessary changes are made in a
>> reasonable time scale.
>>

> I will look at this. There's obviously no need to revert for now (esp
> since it doing it too much would kill my email).

I have no problem reverting, if we are not comfortable.
The org.apache.cometd.bayeux is an API derived from the works over at
Dojo Foundation.
It was under this URL
https://svn.codehaus.org/jetty-contrib/jetty/trunk/contrib/cometd/api/src/main/java/dojox/cometd
But that code base is no longer available.

So what we did, was take what we like, remove a bunch of stuff and
rework the API into what we thought be more usable to the Tomcat project.
The reason for this was that we waited for very long for to contribute
to a shared API, and simply write our implementation against a standard
API (something I would still like to do if it can happen)

If we are not comfortable with that, I can revert the change and we can
discuss the way we want to approach this

Filip