Posted to user@accumulo.apache.org by "Cornish, Duane C." <Du...@jhuapl.edu> on 2012/09/19 15:38:37 UTC

tablet server initialization issue

Hello,

I sent a message last week about 1 tablet server not showing up on one of my 4 node clusters running Accumulo.  After inspecting some of the log files, etc.  it appears that the tablet server on my node 2 is starting on localhost instead of starting on the actual IP of the node.  Any ideas what might cause this?

Thanks,
Duane

Re: tablet server initialization issue

Posted by Jason Morris <jm...@texeltek.com>.
Duane,

No problem. Glad I could help!

-Jason

Posted by "Cornish, Duane C." <Du...@jhuapl.edu>.
Jason,

Posted by Jason Morris <jm...@texeltek.com>.

Posted by John Vines <vi...@apache.org>.

On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 9:38 AM, Cornish, Duane C. <Duane.Cornish@jhuapl.edu

Posted by "Cornish, Duane C." <Du...@jhuapl.edu>.
Adam,
In my   tserver_*.debug.log     file, it says:
[tabletserver.TabletServer] INFO : Tablet server starting on 127.0.0.1

On all of the other nodes, in place of the 127.0.0.1, the machine's actual IP address appears.  I am using bin/start-all.sh on the name node to launch the cluster.  When I run hostname, I do see the correct name and it is formatted the same way as the other machines.  I'll look into the DNS setup to make sure everything else seems correct.

Thanks for your help,
Duane

Posted by Adam Fuchs <af...@apache.org>.