Posted to dev@lucy.apache.org by Marvin Humphrey <ma...@rectangular.com> on 2012/08/28 02:56:47 UTC

[lucy-dev] NetBSD CPAN Testers failures

Greets,

We've been getting a bunch of CPAN Testers failures on NetBSD:

    http://www.cpantesters.org/distro/L/Lucy.html?perlmat=1&distmat=1

I installed NetBSD 5.1.2 (i386 64-bit) on a VirtualBox VM, built Perl 5.16.1
and Lucy 0.3.2 from scratch, and attempted to duplicate the test failures.

No luck.  All tests pass. :(

On the off chance that somebody's got access to a NetBSD box,
it would be great if you could try to build and test Lucy 0.3.2.

Marvin

Re: [lucy-dev] NetBSD CPAN Testers failures

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: It looks like all the failure reports are from Chris Williams (BINGOS). Here
: is another PASS on NetBSD:

Note it's not just that "all the (NetBSD) failure reports" are from BINGOS
... *all* the (known) failure reports for Lucy 0.3.2 are from BIGNOS -- a
bunch on NetBSD, and one on "Debian GNU/kFreeBSD"...

http://www.cpantesters.org/cpan/report/9d442248-cb7d-11e1-b77e-25da5c0dd171

...but BINGOS also submitted a success for "Debian GNU/kFreeBSD" (using a
slightly newer perl)...

http://www.cpantesters.org/cpan/report/6446fb62-cafd-11e1-b77e-25da5c0dd171

...my suggestion would be to pay close attention to the binary & ENV info
at the bottom of the BINGOS failure reports, and compare them with other
people who report success on the same OS/perl-V ... see if maybe he's got
something special going on.

Differences that jump out at me comparing these 5.16.0 reports (but may
be red herrings, I know nothing baout Lucy internals)...

http://www.cpantesters.org/cpan/report/de289b76-cde0-11e1-8755-e63c2a028b78
http://www.cpantesters.org/cpan/report/0cfdec42-d0bd-11e1-b77e-25da5c0dd171

 - use64bitall
 - intsize, longsize, ptrsize, byteorder
 - longlongsize, longdblsize
 - ivsize
 - alignbytes
 - lgdbm
 - USE_64_BIT_ALL, USE_64_BIT_INT,

-Hoss

Re: [lucy-dev] NetBSD CPAN Testers failures

Posted by Nick Wellnhofer <we...@aevum.de>.
On 28/08/2012 02:56, Marvin Humphrey wrote:
> Greets,
>
> We've been getting a bunch of CPAN Testers failures on NetBSD:
>
>      http://www.cpantesters.org/distro/L/Lucy.html?perlmat=1&distmat=1
>
> I installed NetBSD 5.1.2 (i386 64-bit) on a VirtualBox VM, built Perl 5.16.1
> and Lucy 0.3.2 from scratch, and attempted to duplicate the test failures.
>
> No luck.  All tests pass. :(

It looks like all the failure reports are from Chris Williams (BINGOS).
Here is another PASS on NetBSD:

http://www.cpantesters.org/cpan/report/de289b76-cde0-11e1-8755-e63c2a028b78

Nick