Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Tod Thomas <to...@verizon.net> on 2002/08/14 00:41:11 UTC

Can this be done...?

I want to use tomcat on my machine to test XSLT.

I have a directory called Tomcat/webapps/testxslt.  There I have placed my test.xml and test.xsl files.  I have copied xalan.jar, xml-apis.jar, and xerces-Impl.jar into my $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/endorsed directory.  Using command line Xalan I have validated that both files are well formed and work as expected.  Using a browser I can get to both the xml and xsl pages and view their contents, but the transformation never occurs.  I do have an href in the xml pointing to the xsl file.

Am I wrong in thinking I can do this?  Is there maybe something I need to do to one of the configuration files to make this happen?  I really don't need the functionality of Cocoon yet so this scaled down testing platform using Tomcat only would serve me well.  Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.