Posted to dev@jena.apache.org by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org> on 2019/01/20 17:37:45 UTC

jena-text: question about dependencies

jena-text depends on
    org.apache.lucene:lucene-backward-codecs
but not
    org.apache.lucene:codecs

I can't find any use of it though.

Is that right?
What about org.apache.lucene:codecs?

     Andy

Re: jena-text: question about dependencies

Posted by Chris Tomlinson <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andy,

I added the org.apache.lucene:lucene-backward-codecs dependency as part of the 3.10.0 and Lucene 7.4.0 upgrades. I ran across the need when I tried to run the 3.10.0-SNAPSHOT on a configuration which had a TextIndexLucene built under 3.9.0 with Lucene 6.4.x. The backward-codecs read older indexes.

Regards,
Chris