Posted to users@sling.apache.org by Andreas Amstutz <an...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/12 15:53:51 UTC

Content of LoginFormTemplate.html does not make it to the browser

This is a follow up on LING-1134

I had some time again to get going with Sling but keep banging my head
against obstacles in the learning process.

After building and launching sling as suggested in "Build Sling With
the Maven command line tool"
(http://sling.apache.org/site/getting-and-building-sling.html) I
deactivate anonymous access via
system/console/configMgr/org.apache.sling.engine.impl.auth.SlingAuthenticator

The samples/espblog/README.txt mentions that ...
Once "allow anonymous access" is set to false, requesting
  http://localhost:8888/
should redirect to the Sling login form at /system/sling/login

But actual response in my case is quite different:
HTTP ERROR 200 , Problem accessing /. Reason: OK

Firing up a debugging session on the
AuthorizationHeaderAuthenticationHandler did not make the case any
clearer as the code in requestAuthentication(...) is executed and the
content of the LoginFormTemplate.html written to the response.

But somehow that form does not make it to the browser.

Am I missing something here?

Regards
Andreas

My dev env: Mac OS X 10.6.1, java version "1.6.0_15", Firefox (3.5.3)
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/sling/trunk/bundles/extensions/httpauth/src/main/java/org/apache/sling/httpauth/impl/AuthorizationHeaderAuthenticationHandler.java

Re: Content of LoginFormTemplate.html does not make it to the browser

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi Andreas,

On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 3:53 PM, Andreas Amstutz
<an...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ...The samples/espblog/README.txt mentions that ...
> Once "allow anonymous access" is set to false, requesting
>  http://localhost:8888/
> should redirect to the Sling login form at /system/sling/login...

I just fixed these instructions in samples/espblog/README.txt, logging in via

  http://localhost:8888/?sling:authRequestLogin=true

should allow you to run the espblog sample.

Didn't have time to look at your problem in more detail, but this
should get you going!

-Bertrand