Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by kc...@valdosta.edu on 2006/06/01 22:39:40 UTC

[users@httpd] Https connection intterupted in Mozilla Browsers

I have Apache 2.2.2 setup with SSL enabled on a Solaris 10 machine.
Everything appears to work fine, but if you load
https://aurora.valdosta.edu in Firefox (1.5.3), or mozillia, one windows
or solaris, you first get the accept self-signed certs dialogs, but then
you get the firefox standard "Problem loading page":

The connection was interrupted

The connection to aurora was interrupted while the page was loading.
    *   The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again
in a few
          moments.
    *   If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
          connection.
    *   If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy,
make sure
          that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

Buf it you load the page in IE, it works fine. openssl s_client -connect
localhost:443 outputs

CONNECTED(00000004)
depth=0
/C=US/ST=Georgia/L=Valdsota/O=VSU/OU=IT/CN=aurora.valdosta.edu/emailAddress=sysadmins@valdosta.edu
verify error:num=18:self signed certificate
verify return:1
depth=0
/C=US/ST=Georgia/L=Valdsota/O=VSU/OU=IT/CN=aurora.valdosta.edu/emailAddress=sysadmins@valdosta.edu
verify return:1
---
Certificate chain
 0
s:/C=US/ST=Georgia/L=Valdsota/O=VSU/OU=IT/CN=aurora.valdosta.edu/emailAddress=sysadmins@valdosta.edu

i:/C=US/ST=Georgia/L=Valdsota/O=VSU/OU=IT/CN=aurora.valdosta.edu/emailAddress=sysadmins@valdosta.edu
---
Server certificate
-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----
<CERT>
-----END CERTIFICATE-----
subject=/C=US/ST=Georgia/L=Valdsota/O=VSU/OU=IT/CN=aurora.valdosta.edu/emailAddress=sysadmins@valdosta.edu
issuer=/C=US/ST=Georgia/L=Valdsota/O=VSU/OU=IT/CN=aurora.valdosta.edu/emailAddress=sysadmins@valdosta.edu
---
No client certificate CA names sent
---
---
New, TLSv1/SSLv3, Cipher is EDH-RSA-DES-CBC3-SHA
Server public key is 1024 bit
SSL-Session:
    Protocol  : TLSv1
    Cipher    : EDH-RSA-DES-CBC3-SHA
    Session-ID: <ID>
    Session-ID-ctx:
    Master-Key: <KEY>
    Key-Arg   : None
    Start Time: 1149193919
    Timeout   : 300 (sec)
    Verify return code: 18 (self signed certificate)
---
GET
SSL Works!
closed

And correctly shows the contents of index.html "SSL Works!". So my
problem must lie with Mozilla, but I have no idea how.

My logs do not record even a request when the page is loaded in firefox.
IE and the s_client both appear correctly. The only thing in my error
log is:

[Thu Jun 01 16:12:17 2006] [warn] RSA server certificate is a CA
certificate (BasicConstraints: CA == TRUE !?)

Which only appears when the server is started.

Thanks

Kyle Keppler

Re: [users@httpd] Https connection intterupted in Mozilla Browsers

Posted by Evan Platt <ev...@espphotography.com>.
On Thu, June 1, 2006 1:39 pm, kckepple@valdosta.edu wrote:
> I have Apache 2.2.2 setup with SSL enabled on a Solaris 10 machine.
> Everything appears to work fine, but if you load
> https://aurora.valdosta.edu in Firefox (1.5.3), or mozillia, one windows
> or solaris, you first get the accept self-signed certs dialogs, but then
> you get the firefox standard "Problem loading page":

Doesn't work for me in either browser.

As a matter of fact:
telnet aurora.valdosta.edu 443
simply times out. Tried on 2 seperate connections.

Check your firewall?