Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Shaun Barriball <sb...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2007/02/03 16:59:36 UTC

JackRabbit browsers working with 1.2.1?

Hi all,
Has anyone got either the Eclipse JCR Browser or the JackRabbit Viewer work
with 1.2.1?
We've tried both and neither appear to work.

Regards,
Shaun

http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html

Re: JackRabbit browsers working with 1.2.1?

Posted by Sandro Böhme <sa...@gmx.de>.
Hello Shaun,

you can get the JCR Browser to work with an arbitary Jackrabbit version
when deploying it with model 3
(http://jackrabbit.apache.org/doc/deploy/howto-model3.html).
You can do that using web archive that you find in the Jackrabbit
release and enabling it for RMI.
A tutorial can be found at jLibrary
(http://jlibrary.sourceforge.net/11/jcrbrowser.html) or in the
readme.txt file of the JCR Browser.
Please note when using the tutorial at jLibrary only the chapter
"Connection to a remote jLibrary repository" is relevant. It is not very
jLibrary specific.
Please tell me if there are any open aspects.

Best regards,

Sandro

https://www.xing.com/profile/Sandro_Boehme
http://www.linkedin.com/in/sandroboehme