Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Barron, Daniel" <db...@soe.sony.com> on 2008/04/02 19:14:08 UTC

struts-default.properties

It is not clear to me - is the struts-default.properties just a template
for struts.properties or is it actually being loaded?  I do not see it
being loaded in anyway and only see values from struts.properties being
used.  Can anyone provide some insight on this please?

Thanks in advance.

Dan Barron

Sr. SW Enginneer

SOE

dbarron@soe.sony.com

c:619.804.4926

RE: struts-default.properties

Posted by "Barron, Daniel" <db...@soe.sony.com>.
OK - found it. For anyone else looking for it in the future, it is in
the org.apache.struts2 package root not the root of the jar.

Dan

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by "Barron, Daniel" <db...@soe.sony.com>.
There is no "default.properties" file in the v2.0.11.1 S2 core jar and
constants in struts.xml work but not for "struts.configuration" key it
seems.

> It is not clear to me - is the struts-default.properties just a
template
> for struts.properties or is it actually being loaded?  I do not see it
> being loaded in anyway and only see values from struts.properties
being
> used.  Can anyone provide some insight on this please?

AFAIK those properties are (now, anyway) in "default.properties" in the
S2
core jar and can be overridden in a struts.properties on the classpath.

That said, it's probably better to use XML constant configuration.

Dave

Re: struts-default.properties

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.