Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by "Keith N. McKenna" <ke...@comcast.net> on 2014/08/07 13:17:51 UTC

Re: New Volunteer/Introduction

On 7/23/2014 11:35 PM, Sarah Spiers wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>

> I am a sophomore studying Writing, Literature, and Publishing at Emerson
> College in Boston, Massachusetts, though
>
> I am currently petitioning to create my own major combining Writing and
> Video Game design.
>

> Volunteering for OpenOffice is not for a class, but I hope to apply the
> experience I gain to my academic pursuits. I have experience with and am
> interested in writing, marketing/communication, and basic graphic design.
> However, I am more than willing to help with anything else. I am a quick
> learner and will do my best.
>

> That being said, since I will be studying abroad in Europe this semester, I
> can only volunteer 5-7 hours a week of my time. However, when I return home
> this December, my availability will increase. I hope to work with all of you
> for a while and become a valuable part of the team.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Sarah Spiers

Hell-o Sarah and welcome to Apache OpenOffice. Our documentation team is
always looking for people to help with writing and editing our user
documentation. We also have an active marketing team. If you haven't
seen them already you should look at our orientation pages at
http://openoffice.apache.org/orientation/index.html. They will give you
some background and an introduction to the many ways that you can help.

Again welcome and I look forward to working with you. As a courtesy I
have cc'd you as you are not subscribed to the list. Please reply only
to the mailing list. Also consider subscribing to the list so as not to
miss other replies. To subscribe send a blank e-mail to
dev-subscribe@openoffice.apache.org and follow the instructions in the
reply you will receive.

Regards
Keith McKenna