Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Gowtham S <go...@gmail.com> on 2020/02/11 07:35:47 UTC

Reg: Store/Retrieve State across supervisor

Hi all,
Can anyone suggest a way to store/retrieve state across the supervisors?
(We have 3 supervisor nodes)
Currently, we are using Redis to achieve this. Is it possible to
achieve this with the nimbus or zookeeper?

Note: State - some value that needed to process in our bolts. This value
will be frequently updated/deleted via the bolts only.

Thanks and Regards,
Gowtham S, MCA

Re: Reg: Store/Retrieve State across supervisor

Posted by Rui Abreu <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Redis is a good option for your use case.

You can also have a look at
https://storm.apache.org/releases/1.2.3/distcache-blobstore.html, but it
might not suit your needs (I've never used it).
You could in theory use Zookeeper through something like Curator, but
Zookeeper is meant for service coordination (like Storm and Kafka) and has
limitations on how you can manipulate data.