Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by 张建春 <ne...@163.com> on 2004/04/08 03:18:00 UTC

How I get Repository file list which contain a Non-ascii file name.

I want to get the Repository file list.
The Repository contain a file who named by chinese.

How can I do this and Where codes I must be change.

I want to implement it use svn_client_ls (svn ls commmand use this), but svn ls repository who contain a chinese file/folder name ,svn ls will error.

The one error message:
svn: Non-ascii character (code 230) detected, and unable to convert to/from UTF-8.

So I can't get file list use svn_client_ls

If I can use svn_client_ls,what thing I to do.

And I find TortoiseSVN's Repository Browser can display file list.
TortoiseSVN codes:
Err = svn_client_ls(&hash,
		    CUnicodeUtils::GetUTF8(url),
		    getRevision(revision),
		    FALSE,
		    &ctx,
		    pool);

Subversion command line codes:
SVN_ERR (svn_client_ls (&dirents, target, &(opt_state->start_revision),
                           opt_state->recursive, ctx, subpool));

Can I change target(url) to UTF8?

Thanks.

========================================================“掀起你的盖头来,AOC新妆靓丽健康秀”!            http://design.163.com/aocmonitor/index.html
是邮件你收 有病毒我上!VIP邮箱 全面保护!            http://vip.163.com
中国最大的免费邮箱在等你 25兆空间4兆附件!      http://mail.163.com
点击网易泡泡惊喜无限 全免费手机短信任你发!      http://popo.163.com

Re: How I get Repository file list which contain a Non-ascii file name.

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.
张建春 wrote:

> The one error message:
> svn: Non-ascii character (code 230) detected, and unable to convert to/from UTF-8.

The repository stores all paths and filenames as UTF8, and all the
svn_client_* functions treat them as UTF8 as well.  If you want to
convert a UTF8 filename to native locale before printing it to the
screen, use the functions in svn_utf.h to do the conversion.