Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by Andrew Lindesay <ap...@lindesay.co.nz> on 2010/11/21 10:20:57 UTC

Cayenne 3.1 and "Query-as-objects"

Hello Andrus;

A while back we discussed a bit about how 3.1 might have a "object
representation" for EJBQLQuery so that a query could be built without
needing to parse an EJBQL string and so that it might be possible to
work with a query in a more "programmatic" manner.

I've skimmed over the 3.1 packages, but can't see an obvious location
for that material -- did you do that in the end and if so, can you point
me in the right direction where I might be able to find it?

cheers.

--
Andrew Lindesay
www.silvereye.co.nz

Re: Cayenne 3.1 and "Query-as-objects"

Posted by Andrew Lindesay <ap...@lindesay.co.nz>.
Hi Andrus;

> I should also clarify our release naming conventions. 3.1M1 being voted right now...

Ah I hadn't realised that it was not yet more or less feature-complete.

OK so still in the pipeline -- that's great.  Yes; "Generified queries"
would be really nice too.

Thanks for the clarification.

cheers.

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
I should also clarify our release naming conventions. 3.1M1 being voted right now is an intermediate milestone release, and does not include the entire 3.1 feature scope. At some point we'd make a 3.1B1 release ("B" == "beta"), when we officially declare a feature freeze. B1 will be the first release with the complete 3.1 scope.

Andrus

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.