Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de> on 2002/04/26 05:39:17 UTC

Re: Embperl and Apache 2.0 (was: Contact re Embperl)

Hi,

> I have checked through the docs and mailing list archive and cannot find
any
> reference to Apache 2.0.35 or Mod_Perl 1.99 (but the search facility in
the
> archive does not allow the use of '.' to designate exact version numbers,
so
> I could be wrong).
>
> I'm trying to use Embperl (1.34 or 2.0b7) with Apache 2.0.35 and  mod_perl
> 1.99 but am having great difficulty in setting up Embperl. It's quite
> obvious that the module is not set up for Apache 2.0.35 unique directory
> structure and format and mod_perl 1.99 lack of functions like Apache::src.
> What would you suggest? Are you working on a version that is compatible
with
> these applications? Or am I missing something obvious?

Embperl currently does not work with Apache 2.x and Embperl 1.3.4 will never
do, because there would be to many changes necessary. Embperl 2.0 of course
will work with Apache 2.0. I have put a lot of work in Embperl 2.0 in
preparation for Apache 2.0, but it isn't ready yet. Currently I have to work
on other things, so it may take some weeks until Embperl 2.0 is Apache 2.0
ready.

If somebody would like to try it before, then first of all Makefile.PL has
to be changed to take all the build parameters from Apache::src and secondly
the calls into Apache from Embperl has to be adapted to the new API where
necessary

Gerald

P.S. Please use the mailing list for further questions