Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Sebastian Andersson <sa...@hogia.net> on 2001/02/15 13:31:10 UTC

AddressBook example problem.

I've installed tomcat-3.2.1, xerces-1.3.0, soap-2.1, Sun's jdk 1.3.0 on a
win2k box.

I've deployed the AddressBook sample (via the admin webpage) and I can
call getAddressFromName from a perl SOAP::Lite test program. This
works correctly.

I then try to call getAllListings, but I get an error back:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No Serializer found to serialize a 'org.w3c.dom.Element' using encoding style 'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/'.

Re: AddressBook example problem.

Posted by Sebastian Andersson <sa...@hogia.net>.
On Thu, Feb 15, 2001 at 01:31:10PM +0100, Sebastian Andersson wrote:
> I then try to call getAllListings, but I get an error back:
>
> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No Serializer found to serialize a 'org.w3c.dom.Element' using encoding style 'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/'.

I found the error.

It seem to be the SOAP-ENV:encodingStyle which must be set to
"http://xml.apache.org/xml-soap/literalxml" to work correctly. SOAP::Lite
sets it to http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/ instead.

/Sebastian
--
Microsoft -                         Oooo. * "If you kill all your
  What do YOU want to fix TODAY?    (   ) |  unhappy customers, you'll

Re: AddressBook example problem.

Posted by Sebastian Andersson <sa...@hogia.net>.