Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by bill kirkpatrick <wk...@hotmail.com> on 1997/08/05 21:30:03 UTC

mod_proxy/969: Potential enhancement. Setting round-robin list on ProxyPass option.

>Number:         969
>Category:       mod_proxy
>Synopsis:       Potential enhancement. Setting round-robin list on ProxyPass option.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
I'm building a site where data is stored in database files, and pages
will be rendered on demand.  Rendering is a compute intensive task.  It struck
me that the ProxyPass function could do load balancing of sorts, if it could
walk a circular list of identical remote proxies.  ie.

ProxyPass /xyz http://sys1/ http://sys2/ http://sys3/

The database changes minute-by-minute so pre-rendering all the pages isn't
a viable option.

Is this reasonable?

Thanks.