Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Torsten Krah <tk...@fachschaft.imn.htwk-leipzig.de> on 2006/10/11 09:42:24 UTC

Dynamic page generation, how to manage the backing beans and views?

I need a page which can insert some "form code" dynamically + the
managed beans.

Take this as example:

A Workflow have a managed Bean X which backs up a View V1.
View V1 can have a few "forms" which are the same code ( take a car and
now 4 forms or 6, one for each tire - how many you can choose from the
view V1, which than rerenders itself and show up the new forms ).
Each tire should have its own "form" and have to be backed up by a
backing bean, if Bean X which backs up the complete View should be
saved, the others have to be saved too.

This was possible to do with pure JSP/Servlet Code.

Can this be adapted by JSF - if yes how? I don't know how to create this
dynamic dependency.
Or can this be done in a totally other way which i am not aware of yet?

kind regards

Re: Dynamic page generation, how to manage the backing beans and views?

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
Torsten,

have you tried to do something like

<f:view>